Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Breaking the Fast!

I am constantly struggling to find a consistent outlet when i wake up (and look forward to) in the food world. Sure, i love the occasional Lucky Charms, Smacks, and Egg McMuffin. But the question remains, what is a healthy, inexpensive breakfast that i can look forward to week in and week out?

I have gone through many phases in the breakfast portion of my life. The most recent is Jimmy Dean products: Pancake and sausage sandwich (turkey sausage of course), french toast and turkey sausage sandwich, Jimmy Dean's take on the Egg McMuffin (but on a croissant), breakfast bowls, and a few others. Keep in mind, these are all the D-Light label within Jimmy Dean so i can watch my belly that never stops growing. New Orleans is a tough town to maintain weight in.

(*There are always promotions and coupons for Jimmy Dean products.)

I do note that a lot of people a mental barrier when it comes to frozen eggs. The truth is that sometimes frozen eggs work and sometimes they do not. Jimmy Dean's breakfast bowls pull off the frozen egg pretty well, but it surely is not like the real thing.

Two things that stay consistent in every single breakfast:

1. New Orleans Very Own - Cool Brew (I recommend Vanilla or Mocha)
2. Silk Milk Light Vanilla - Made by Dean Foods

I look forward to my cool brew every single day. Simply put, it is like having dessert for breakfast!

Oatmeal, porridge, leftovers from dinner, Indian food from Sunday night Buffett are all in the mix every so often, but i cant rely on any of the above.

So, I am definitely in search of that perfect breakfast idea... and open to ideas.

Let me know what you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment