Monday, March 12, 2012

Johnny V's enters the Uptown Mix!

Adding to the "golden rectangles" mix of upscale neighborhood bistro's is Johnny V's on Magazine Street. This newly opened restaurant is directly next to Monkey Hill and Southern Runner.


The interior is like nothing I have ever seen uptown. Some may call it interesting while others may say it is a little tacky. Johnny's V's looks to be going for a french quarter courtyard setting which should be romantic and different. The space is definitely unique.


As stated in previous posts, I am not a fan of bistro's. The price to food ratio is no good. Johnny V's is no exception to the bistro theory as you can see from the attached menu photos. I would much rather spend this sort of entree money at Clancy's, Lilette, or Patois.


I was at a table of four and I cant say anyone at my table was overwhelmed with their food. Everything was very salty. This can happen with restaurants in their opening 3-6 months, so I will give Johnny's V's the benefit of the doubt. The menu seems innovative, but the execution was clearly off.


I dont know if I will be back to Johnny V's after my first go around. One thing is for sure, I wont go back on my own nickel & this is not the Splurge of the Week (SOTW).

No comments:

Post a Comment