Monday, March 5, 2012

Why New Orleans does NOT Embrace BBQ?

This is one of the classic riddles of the Big Easy. We love to eat, but do we love BBQ? BBQ is a southern thing & we are southern!
There are two good BBQ spots in New Orleans: The Joint & Hillbilly. Neither are exactly convenient for the everyday New Orleanien, but good nevertheless. My question is if a BBQ restaurant can be successful on Veterans or Uptown?

I know, I know:

What about Luthers? What about Voodoo? What about Squeal? In my opinion, none of these restaurants are that good? I still cant understand who would pay money for the rights to franchise Voodoo BBQ?

Do note, i want to try the pop up lunch spot: McClure's Barbecue located at/in Dante's Kitchen


For the record, if i were going to franchise a BBQ spot in New Orleans, i would go with either Rudy's or Salt Lick out of Texas. But that's just me.

Please email your thoughts on why BBQ has not taking the 504 by storm - cburka@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment