Tuesday, May 8, 2012

ValueJazzFest Part II

Another fantastic weekend of music, food, and fun. 2012 was a very successful Jazz Fest in so many measures. I tried my best to find some new and interesting food during the second weekend & Here is what I found:
One of the most popular booths at Jazz fest is the Crawfish Sack / Oyster Patties / Crawfish Beignets station. No doubt, the real value player orders the combo plate of all three items. This is the only way to go in my opinion. The combo plate reminds me of Louisiana on a plate. Another great value at the fest is the Plum Street sno-ball stand located close very close to the kids tent en route to the Gentilly stage. Dont be fooled by other sno-ball vendors at the fest, PLUM STREET is the only way to go. $3 for a small & $4 for a large. The large is a much better value when compared dollar for dollar - side by side. Nothing is more New Orleans than the cream of nectar flavor on top of that finely shaved ice. See below for half cream of nectar and half cream of ice cream.
My recommendation is to have the sno-ball early in the day just as you start to heat up. My findings are the excess in sugar can make you lightheaded and weak later in the day. My best tip for staying cool throughout the day at Jazz Fest or any festival is Florida Water Cologne. Florida water is sold at most Walgreens in the 504 and cost about $5 per bottle. Mix the cologne with ice and water. Then let a washrag or towel ice down in a bucket or cooler. When the towel gets icy, take the rag out and apply to as many places on your body as humanly possible. I like resting the towel on the top of my head and wearing a hat on top of the towel for 5-10 minutes. Finally, what would a long day at the fest be without one final stop. 5 piece tender never tasted so good. See below

No comments:

Post a Comment