Friday, June 8, 2012

Splurge of the Week: Apolline Restaurant

Happy Friday New Orleans!

I had a wonderful meal last night uptown on Magazine Street. Apolline is a new restaurant located at 4729 Magazine Street - occupying the space formerly known as Dominique's. Apolline Restaurant has a beautiful interior with a well rounded menu.

Specialty cocktails are $9 and entrees range from $24-$33. The portions are decent - good. Apolline, to me, qualifies as a bistro. I wouldn't say this place is a great value, but Apolline definitely qualifies as a Splurge of the Week!



Pictured above is the crispy confit duck leg entree ($25) served with potato and andouille hash, zucchini, and a quail egg. This dish is accompanied by an amazing duck gravy. Be sure to request cornbread to dip into the gravy. I am a big fan of this crowd favorite. My only complaint was the portion. Have you ever tried a quail egg?



Pictured above is the ponzu glazed salmon entree ($25) served with parsnip puree and shitake mushrooms on top. A very healthy portion of salmon with a very creative take on parnsip that serves as a interest & healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. The shitake mushrooms were the best mushrooms I've had in my entire life. Big fan!

All in all, I was really pleased with my first visit to Apolline and endorse this spot as a Splurge of the Week. Former lawyer and owner Keith Andrews seems to be working really hard to achieve a great guest experience. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment