Monday, July 16, 2012

New BBQ Restaurant on Magazine Street: Saucy's BBQ

There is a new Uptown restaurant located at 4200 Magazine Street. Saucy's BBQ took over the former Ignatius space. The layout and decor is extremely similar if not identical.


I tried Saucy's today for lunch & thought it was ok (77/100). I ordered the grilled chicken plate with smoked beans and spicy cole slaw.


The highlights were the smoked beans and two grilled chicken breasts. The downers were the slaw and two BBQ sauces.


One of the sauces was a traditional BBQ sauce and the other looked like a remoulade style sauce with a cream base. I started dipping my chicken into the smoked beans which was terrific. The smoked beans served as a much better sauce then the two actual bbq sauces.




As you can see, the menu is fairly diverse for a BBQ joint. Personally, I am thrilled to have another great takeout option in the uptown area. I always embrace BYOB restaurants as it definitely helps with keeping cost down at dinner. My lunch plate today, which was very filling, cost $9.72. I will definitely be back.

Small side note: I once ate BBQ every day for an entire year at a place called Bert's BBQ in Austin, TX. I ordered what was known as the Toe Man. Once If I made it to 1000 orders at Bert's, they promised to rename the Toe Man to The Case Man. Burt's burned down in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment