Thursday, September 6, 2012

ValueMontreal

Let me open by saying that bachelor parties are not good value. Oh boy!

After the lovely Hurricane Isaac, I had the had the distinct pleasure of visiting the great city of Montreal for an 8 man bachelor party.


I wouldn'y say Montreal is the greatest food destination, but the food is no doubt adequate. 90% of people in Montreal speak English which clearly helped the bachelors. The two main local food items are the smoked meat (corned beef) & Poutine (cheese curd with gravy fries). Both are pretty amazing! Photo of each below:


The current exchange rate is about 1:1, but all the food is $2-4 more expensive per item which can easily add up over a long weekend. I would not give Montreal or a bachelor party the thumbs up for value, but maybe it can be my splurge of the week!


Above is a photo of the bathroom @ Restaurant l'avenue which is in a hot area of the downtown. This place keeps the techno music booming at all times. Also, expect a line at this temple eggs benedict. Overall very cool - different & tasty. This bathroom was super neat. There was orange goo coming out of some PVC piping and the nature channel was playing on repeat in the background.

I am now back in the big easy: My trash is till waiting to be picked up & my garden was ravaged! Just another week in the 504.

No comments:

Post a Comment