Friday, August 17, 2012

Photos & Thoughts from Borgne - John Besh

John Besh sure knows how to put together a heavy menu. He is a man who firmly believes in Pig! Ham chop? Oh, and did I mention that there is bacon in everything...I mean everything.


Borgne is an amazing addition to the Superdome area. They are going to print money on game-day! As pictured above, the interior has tons of chalkboards throughout the dining area that are decorated by the staff. These boards are changed frequently. Photos of Louisiana line the walls. The dining room seats over 150 people at a time = HUGE!


I was also a big fan of their menu which is presented on a clipboard. Besh knows how to give his own twist to the norm. He is also big on creating inviting happy hours. Borgne holds happy hour from 3-6 daily. One thing I did not like was the valet parking which costs $10 after validation. You might as well park on the street and take a pedicab for that price. Pictured above is my Louisiana Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade
petit iceberg salad which was delicious but expensive at $14. Borgne is not exactly a restaurant you go to for value. In fact, it seemed a little over priced. Regardless, Besh is and will do well here!


One other thing I really liked was the double sink in the men's bathroom. I want one of these in my house badly. Overall, very cool interior & the Hyatt has never looked better. I will be back to Borgne!

No comments:

Post a Comment