Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gastroeosophageal Reflux Disease AKA HEARTBURN

Here in New Orleans, we experience a lot of heartburn. Why? Could be the fried food, could be the heavy use of sauces and spices, or maybe it's just the excessive eating.

That said, it is strange that the big guy in the sky linked acid reflux / heartburn with all of my favorite foods:

"Avoid chocolate garlic, onion, fruit juices, extremely hot or cold beverages, tea coffee, and alcohol." says the pamphlet i got from my doctor today

What fun is left in life i ask you?

"Lose weight"

Yes another painful activity associated with "the burn"

Why couldn't GOD have linked heartburn with beets, mushrooms, and olives?

I take nexium every day, but even the magical purple pill is not enough to hold off "the burn."

I probably should re-evaluate my entire diet, but in the mean time, i am going to keep on being me & eating like a New Orlinean!

1 comment:

  1. Prevacid works great for me (like Nexium once a day but I never have heartburn). I should lose a good bit of weight myself but that 15 mg capsule makes it easy to enjoy our type of foods.

    ReplyDelete