Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Restaurant in the Warehouse District: Foodies on Julia


New Orleans meet Foodies! A new healthy spot to grab breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A very attractive interior and super amazing courtyard in the back comprise this tiny quaint cafe. The interior of the restaurant could be no larger than 1,500 square feet.


So, how is the value at Foodies? Unfortunately, not great. But in their defense, the warehouse district does not demand good value. My thai chicken wrap was $8.25 = $9 with tax. I asked for extra meat because the pressed wraps / paninis looked small for a growing boy. They forgot my extra chicken and the wrap was in fact small. This place could qualify as a chick flick, but strangely enough, I will be back.


Check out the menu above. Great variety and unlike the rest of food in New Orleans, light and healthy. The juice and smoothies looked great! They also have muffins and breakfast sandwiches for the early morning crowd. Below is a photo of my thai chicken salad wrap. The highlight was the cucumber, grape, goat cheese, yogurt based salad that accompanied my wrap.


As with all new restaurants, Foodies has a lot of kinks to work out (mainly timing), but the concept and potential is there.

I look forward to my second experience, but may have to order triple meat & let it be my splurge of the week!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son stumbled on Foodies today. He sent me a picture from his iPad of a salad he had. Looks pretty good.

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7234/6948066508_2839d4d84c_z.jpg

    ReplyDelete